Re: Sponsoring myself

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sponsoring myself
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:43:08 -0400
>That according to my accountant is not a wise idea. Pay yourself a salary
>pay the taxes and spend the money on AutoX or whatever you want. You will
>have a hard time trying to convience the IRS that this is a form of
>advertising
>and is somehow business related.

When you consider that EVERY SINGLE contract I have ever had has come from
pesonal contacts, expanding your "net" of personal contacts via an ad on
the side of your race car is pretty reasonable.  My accountant said that
1/3 of my revenue could be applied for ads.

Check with your accountant and your situation...

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki