Re: GEEZ! Stuff

Subject: Re: GEEZ! Stuff
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 jct@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Okay, I have to add my 2 cents.  For what Dennis wanted to measure, which is
> measure lateral and longitudinal G's, a G-Analyst would have been a less
> expensive and easier to install alternative.

Yeah!  Dennis, you're wrong.  You actually like the Geez! package
better... :-)

> For driver analysis in autox, self measurement without some benchmark doesn't
> work, you're doomed to continuously repeat your mistakes.  From self
>experience,
> just measuring yourself gets old and really accomplishes very little.  All the
> instruments in the world might help you improve a car setup (or they may just
> fill you with information overload and just more confusion) but without
> baselines, it won't be so easy to improve the driver, which afterall is the
> critical element in autox.

I agree.  However, I don't trust the calibration of my unit or others to
give me quality absolute G readings, and I dunno how their car is setup,
etc.

What I do trust is having said baseline driver in my car.  As folks around
here would probably tell you, I'm a car pimp... :-)

The thing I find most useful (with Geez) is the map drawing with usage
shading. That gives me a quick look at the places I'm potentially doing
something stupid so that I can fix them.  Then later I can compare my runs
to the other driver (or myself, which doens't typically help as much) in
excrutiating detail to see if there's a consistent driveing technique that
I'm doing wrong.

Mark