Re: GEEZ! Stuff

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GEEZ! Stuff
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:35:56 -0400
DG50 wrote:

>TeamZ3@aol.com (Mark Sipe) wrote:
>> Not exactly, nobody's been protested *yet*.
>
>I can't see how a data aqu. system could be a protestable item, as it does
>nothing to increase performance in real time.

It can be a protestable item because the 1999 Solo II rules state
explicitly that the only allowed data recording devices are video
cameras and G-Analysts.  It is an explicit rule, and therefore is
definitely a protestable item.  Whether that is "right" or not
doesn't matter right now, they are specifically disallowed - its
time to "write that letter to the SEB" and get them to allow these
various data loggers.  Since I just bought a GEEZ system, I'd like
to see them legalized too, guess I'd better write a letter soon.

later,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu