RE: Phantomitis

To: Cliff Loh <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>, Autox List <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Phantomitis
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:14:56 -0700
Thank you, Cliff. It is nice to know I'm not alone.

I just want to let all you readers at home know that I didn't know I would
become an addict so fast. I thought, "Sure, I can take it. Just a few laps,
it'll be fun, but it won't control my life."

Trust me, it has CONSUMED my life. I have lost all my autocross friends at
home because all I can say now is, "I need a hit! I need a hit!"

I am crashing, and hard at that. I am filled with deep shame and remorse. It
has been a week and a half, and my blood capillaries have not bounced back
to their original size. I drive much slower on the road, and even at
autocrossing. I have lost all motivation. I'm afraid even a shifter kart
doesn't seem that appealing, because, well, why bother.

He's got that Milligan hooked, too, damn it all.

I'm starting to wonder if this is really a ploy on Joe Cheng's part, like
maybe he's some sort of A Mod dealer trying to lure us innocent children
into a world of g's.

I want to warn all you readers at home. Maybe you too will one day receive
the casual and friendly email, "Hey, wanna drive the Phantom?" It will seem
harmless enough. Just what ever you do, DON'T FALL FOR IT.

bye for now... must go for walk... must get... air...

Katie