Re: Peavey Announces: New Contingency Program!

To: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Peavey Announces: New Contingency Program!
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:46:16 -0500
> With all the talk today of DC leaving the sport, I thought today might be
> good day to try and keep morale high and sneak out something we were going
> to save until Topeka:
>
> At the Pro in Topeka, and every Pro in 2000, Peavey will be giving away a
> "Stage Pack" to the Pro Challenge winner and a "Clarksdale" acoustic
guitar
> to the Ladies and National Challenge Series winners.
>
> What that means.........................

> ======
> The "Stage Pack" has a Peavey electric guitar, an amp, and everything else
> you need to play guitar. It retails for $359.99.
>
> The "Clarksdale" is a full size dreadnought acoustic guitar with a
laminated
> real spruce top.  It retails for $209.
>
> Please help welcome us in.  While this is by no means a big deal, if you
can
> help me show Peavey this is cool, much more could follow in years to come.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Steven Volpp
> Drum Product Manager
> Peavey Electronics

This is EXTREMELY cool of a non-automotive supplier to provide a contingency
program in SoloII. I hope we can provide a business case from them to
continue! Being an ex-roadie and a very bad guitar player (the reason I was
a roadie) for the last 30 years, my other lust has always been music. So
winning at one love to support another is extremely cool to me.

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com