Re: Interesting question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting question
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:23:22 -0700
> >RX7 with a stock carb. When I had my car Tech'ed apparently the person
> >testing the throttle return spring knocked the linkage out of whack
> >causing the secondaries to not open. This has happened to me actually

Bruce Haden replied:

> It's your responsibility to make sure your car is up to snuff when
> you pull up to the line. ESPECIALLY now that you know about the
> throttle problem. It won't happen again, RIGHT? :) Sounds like your
> linkage needs some maintenance work.

I started to reply just this way, too, Bruce -- then wondered, depending on
the class he's running the car in (like Stock), if there couldn't be some
limitation in the original Mazda linkage, that I don't know about, that
could be limiting the poster's ability to "bring it up to snuff"?  Like
those Porsche gizzies that folks post about from time to time (I won't
mention the actual word, might send some folks in a tizzy over the gizzies).

Richard Nichols
SDR
CP Mustang SVO Turbo
rnichol1@san.rr.com