Re: Interesting question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting question
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1988 08:50:07 -0800
At 08:23 AM 8/20/99 -0700, richard nichols wrote:

>> >RX7 with a stock carb. When I had my car Tech'ed apparently the person
>> >testing the throttle return spring knocked the linkage out of whack
>> >causing the secondaries to not open. This has happened to me actually
>
>Bruce Haden replied:
) Sounds like your linkage needs some maintenance work.

>I started to reply just this way, too, Bruce -- then wondered, depending on
>the class he's running the car in (like Stock), if there couldn't be some
>limitation in the original Mazda linkage, that I don't know about, that
>could be limiting the poster's ability to "bring it up to snuff"?  Like
those Porsche gizzies that folks post about from time to time (I won't
>mention the actual word, might send some folks in a tizzy over the gizzies).

Within the rules, of course. Sounds like for it to come apart this easily
there must be something wrong or worn somewhere. Especially if it's
happened twice. I guess I can't eliminate the possibilty that it's just
designed weird either. Maybe he's just stuck with it.