Interesting question

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting question
From: Jenaro Rodriguez <dicej@cnw.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 05:41:00 -0700
I had something interesting happen at an event last sunday. I run an '83
RX7 with a stock carb. When I had my car Tech'ed apparently the person
testing the throttle return spring knocked the linkage out of whack
causing the secondaries to not open. This has happened to me actually
twice now. Anyway the car starts up the same but as soon as you get on
it no power. Of course I didn't notice it until I started my first run.
My question is: Could I have asked for a rerun due to the fact that the
problem was caused by the tech inspector? Or is it my responsibility?
I'm just curious. I didn't worry about it since we were running in the
rain and the extra power probably was a hindrance. I could see where in
a important event this could have mattered as I was forced to make one
of my runs with a crippled engine.

      Jay
'83 RX7 CSP