Mig welders

To: autox@autox.team.net, DEMENTED-INC@prodigy.net
Subject: Mig welders
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:22:05 -0500
List
Anyone have any experience with the cheaper mig welders before I plop down
$1100 or more on a Lincoln or a Miller welder? I have found really cheap ones
at Harbor Freight Catalog in the $200 to $400 range new and even cheaper if
they are factory  reconditioned. Then there is the Century brand at Tractor
Supply Co. for $300 to $500. And good old Wal Mart has Campbell Hausfeld one
for $200. Obviously the Lincoln and Miller are better wewlders, but I am just a
shadetree mechanic who will occasionally weld. People with experience please
speak up. TIA
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 kc reg