Re: Stock ACR, non-stock M3 LTW...?

To: Justin Hughes <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: Stock ACR, non-stock M3 LTW...?
From: Mark R Jahnke <mjahnke@shrike.depaul.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:25:06 -0500 (CDT)
> Kind of like the BMW M3 Lightweight.  It's available (admittedly in limited
> numbers), and it's a stripped down car very much like the Neon ACR.  In fact
> you might think of the ACR as a "poor man's M3 LTW."  Yet the M3 LTW is not
> stock legal.  At all.  Even directly from the factory.  That's because the
> factory modified it for racing.  Yet we all know how the Neon ACR dominates.
> What's the difference here?  And I don't buy that the only difference is
> that a lot of ACRs were made, and the M3 LTW isn't stock legal solely
> because of its low production numbers.  I don't have the answer, nor am I
> stuck to a particular opinion on the matter - I just find this comparison
> interesting...
>
>     - Justin

Funny you mention that.  I wanted an ///M3 but didn't think that I could
afford one, so I settled for my TYPE R instead.  I guess that was my
choice for a poor mans ///M3.  But hey, I'm happy with it so that is all
that matters!

Any other drivers out there that wanted an ///M3 but settled for something
else?

Mark River Jahnke
98 Integra TYPE R #1098 Supercharged
http://www.performancechicago.com