Revalving Shocks

To: TeamDotNet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Revalving Shocks
From: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:06:56 -0600
This little quote got me thinking (again) about this.

On 08/23/1999 at 09:23 PM, Karen Christoff <pykac@olemiss.edu> wrote:
> Rebound Adjustable and true Coil-overs, these shocks have soft
> compression and rebound to accommodate springs up to 380 pounds (dyno
> graph available).

So, say I wanted to go and get my shocks revalved. What's involved? What do you
tell/ask them? Do you just go in and say I want more rebound dampening and less
compression or what? Do you need to know the spring rates (I assume so) and can
you find a good place to do them and ask them for recommendations.

Also if you get adjustables (or convert to adjustables), how does that play into
the picture? Can you keep the same valving for the firmest (or softest, or
anywhere in between) and then have it vary from there?

I guess I can easily sum it up...HUH?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Shields