RE: Revalving Shocks

To: "AutoX List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Revalving Shocks
From: "Karen Christoff, Ph.D." <pykac@olemiss.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:03:16 -0500
Mike,
We have been working with Guy Ankeny at ProParts West, and that's where I
recommend you start. ProParts is an authorized Koni dealer/repair shop that
has equipment, parts, and expertise. Both Guy and Craig Nagler have National
Solo Championship trophies to back up what they sell. Good shock control is
critical for car handling and transient response. Guy is very competent at
giving guidance on all the questions you have listed, and he will even
assist car setup at events that he attends. He re-valved our front struts,
sold us custom rear shocks, and helped with setup both over the phone and at
the track. I've had positive experience with both Truechoice and Koni (the
US factory), but I've found turnaround time is much faster and prices are
lower at ProParts. Also, ProParts (associated with tc kline Racing) supports
Prosolo (and BTW we have won money from them). Call Guy in CA at
818-888-8904 for some initial advice. Also, see the ProParts web site
http:\\www.tcklineracing.com.
Tom Lombardo EP Honda
(via Karen Christoff since Tom is not on Team.Net)

AND - Thanks, Guy, for all your help!  I assume you are reading this stuff,
too.  It's not a shameless plug for ProParts.  We're just very satisfied
customers!