RE: Trophy Philosophy

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trophy Philosophy
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:56:14 -0400
Question  - If a driver wins in a class of 10 and receives a trophy how does
it lessen his sense of acheivement if another driver receives the same
trophy for winning a class of 1? If you feel it does then you are the same
kind of narrow minded whiner who complains when other employees get bonuses
and other drivers don't get speeding tickets. LIFE IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME.
Some one else's win is not necessarily your loss!!!

Everyone knows that the class of one driver had an easy time of it.
Especially the driver. Give him the damn trophy and applaud him as loudly as
you would any other winner. It costs you nothing and may make you feel
better than the mean-spirited curmudgeon you sound.

Regards,
Alan Pozner