Re: autox logbook?

To: autox@autox.team.net, "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Subject: Re: autox logbook?
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:32:16 -0700
Kevin,

I've bveen checking and recording tire pressures all around before
  my runs, and after each run. I've started taking my valve caps off
  when I pull everything out of my trunk, so I don't have to mess with
  them in the grid. I also put a comment about how the grip was, and
  if it was better at one end or the other for each run. I'm also
  trying to note things like air temperature and any other
  environmental factors. I haven't been recording my times, but I
  should do that. The goal is to know what tire pressure to
  have before I heat the tires up, and what to keep it at as they
  warm up each run.

I've been scrawling the notes in a little 3x5 notepad, but I really
  should come up with a nice form with spaces for info on each run.

<Brainstorming mode on>

Let's see, we should record:

Date
Event
Location
Track surface & condition
Weather (temp, percipitation, ???)
Run group & work group (did you get to work the course before you ran?)
Map of course & notes (probably on back of sheet)
Car setup (tires, suspension settings, other things that might change)
Time of day that you ran.
Tire pressures just before first run.
For each run:
  Time
  Tire pressures right after the run.
  Tire temps right after the run?
  Comments on traction.
  Comments on driving.
Debriefing notes after the event is over.

Can you think of anything else?

  Keith