Re: Neon weight

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Neon weight
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:22:29 EDT
My old 95 ACR Sedan (civilian package 25B with AC, console, 4 speaker stereo,
rear defogger, intermit wipers, etc) weighed 2447 with full tank gas, heavy
15" wheels/tires and larger sways.  I seem to recall the Chrysler published
95 ACR sedan weight in SSC race trim (no AC or radio, etc) was 2385.   -Randy

<<  On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
 > I have heard unconfirmed rumors of some ACRs weighing around 2300 pounds.
 > Is this true?  Are they coupes or sedans?  Do I really have 250 pounds of
 > extra weight with my A/C, stereo, trunk carpet, remote trunk release, rear
 > defroster, under hood & trunk lights and whatever amount of sound deadening
 > material that DC puts into the non-ACR cars?
 >
 > Any insights would be appreciated.

 I dunno how insightful it is, but my '98 ACR Sedan weighed 2486 with a
 quarter tank of gas, the mopar trailer hitch, Borla exhaust, Air, and
 factory 6 speaker radio.  I can see _maybe_ getting that to 2400 or so if
 you strip all that crap off.  I haven't put my '95 ACR coupe on the scales
 yet.

 Mark