Re: Neon weight

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Neon weight
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:42:40 -0700
Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> Okay, here's a silly question.

Major snippage.....

> I have heard unconfirmed rumors of some ACRs weighing around 2300 pounds.
> Is this true?  Are they coupes or sedans?  Do I really have 250 pounds of
> extra weight with my A/C, stereo, trunk carpet, remote trunk release, rear
> defroster, under hood & trunk lights and whatever amount of sound deadening
> material that DC puts into the non-ACR cars?

My 1996 Neon ACR Coupe weighed *with A/C*, 1/4 tank of gas, spare tire out and
no other options 2345# on local SCCA car scales when we corner weighed it.

BTW - I found two of them just sitting on Bill Lukes new car lot, I didn't have
to order them. Got a very good deal too. (ALL cars sold in Arizona have A/C!)

Scott Meyers