Re: Alignment problem on '99 Miata

To: Mark.Jones2@unisys.com, BurnsJB1@central.ssd.jhuapl.edu,
Subject: Re: Alignment problem on '99 Miata
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:33:05 EDT
Check the length of the lower A-arm.  The A-arms can vary in length by up to
1/2".  Some 1994 purchasers had the same problem as many of them were built
with a batch of lower A-arms that were not autoX friendly (different
subcontractors apparently used different jigs).  Measure and compare with
another car that can get good alignment.  Then buy another A-arm that is
longer if yours comes up short.  See Miata.net/faq/

Randy

<< I aligned my `99 10th Anniversary Edition and achieved similar result for
 the rear.  On the front I can get 1/2 degree negative on the drivers side
 and 3/4 degree negative on the passenger side.   Your cars sounds like it
 may have sustained some frame damage in an accident.