Re: Earning Trophies?

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, "Jim & Marilyn Rohn" <rohns@doitnow.com>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:23:22 -0500
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>

>At the risk of un-necessarily adding to the thread, isn't this a local
>discussion anyway?  I am presuming that this situation rarely occurs at
>"National" events.

If this list is to be used only for discussion of "National" events, sign me
off right now.  This list is to be used for all things autocrossing, and not
just SCCA, either.

>Here is a situation where nobody has to be right or
>wrong...just do whatever you feel is best in your region folks.  The
>laws of supply and demand will take it from there.  If you have a
>conflict within your region, handle it locally.

Of course.  And again, not just SCCA Regions, but all sorts of clubs.

But discussion among autocrossers all over the country can help the process
by giving many points of view that may not have been considered locally.

>I have always believed that rules for local events should differ from
>those of "National" events, for the main benefit of the competitor in
>the former, and for the purity of competition in the latter

This does crack me up a little since you were the guy who tried to add
limits to the number of timed runs in local events in order to more
accurately reflect the larger events.  :-)

I believe that rules for local events MAY differ from those of "National"
events, for the main benefit of the competitor in the former, and for the
purity of competition in the latter.

This does not affect my desire for open exchange of ideas among disparate
autocross cultures.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/