RE: Type R: G Stock in 2000?

To: "'Joe Goeke'" <buttheat@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Type R: G Stock in 2000?
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:02:54 -0500
So, the money has stopped (after Nationals) and the supposition is that
MOST Neon drivers will jump ship, so dump the more powerful cars in there
and break up the Neon monopoly...Never mind parity  and forget any
semblence of fairness.  What's wrong with moving them to B Stock?
 Performance potential would dictate that they be sent there.  Or maybe
folks in B Stock do not want to see THEIR one car class screwed up
either...And since when has car TYPE mattered anyway...I thought cars were
classed based on their potential.

And assuming you are right, and the top drivers leave the Neon camp, who do
you think will buy up all those ACRs?  Autocrossers would be my first
guess...
Phil O.

      Joe wrote:

So where would you put them?  DS?  They would rull DS, and any higher of a
class would be a real mismatch of car type.   DS is a cheap class compared
to the entry price of the Talon/Type-R but it's basically a one car class
now with the Neon, so it makes more sense to me to move them there
especially with the money now gone, meaning I suspect a lot of Neon drivers
will be jumping anyway without any money creating the incentive for running
one of them.  This would free up a HUGH GS class of many cars.   ---JCG