Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000? Hoo-boy!!

To: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Subject: Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000? Hoo-boy!!
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:08:47 -0700
Phil Osborne wrote:

> So, the money has stopped (after Nationals) and the supposition is that
> MOST Neon drivers will jump ship, so dump the more powerful cars in there
> and break up the Neon monopoly...Never mind parity  and forget any
> semblence of fairness.  What's wrong with moving them to B Stock?
>  Performance potential would dictate that they be sent there.  Or maybe
> folks in B Stock do not want to see THEIR one car class screwed up
> either...And since when has car TYPE mattered anyway...I thought cars were
> classed based on their potential.
>
> Joe wrote:
>
> So where would you put them?  DS?  They would rule DS, and any higher of a
> class would be a real mismatch of car type.   DS is a cheap class compared
> to the entry price of the Talon/Type-R but it's basically a one car class
> now with the Neon, so it makes more sense to me to move them there
> especially with the money now gone, meaning I suspect a lot of Neon drivers
> will be jumping anyway without any money creating the incentive for running
> one of them.  This would free up a HUGH GS class of many cars.

D Stock would make no sense - 155hp with some good stuff vs 200hp (give or
take) with a *bunch* of good stuff.       Nope IMHO.

C Stock.....maybe.  Against 135hp with mid engine, hard to compare, might vary
greatly course to course.

B Stock.....maybe.   Miatas are....150hp? with posi and rear drive. Possible.

A Stock......hmm.   Horsepower similar, but they also have mid-engine cars.

So, why don't we just sit back and watch to see what the Solo Board does,
and then all bitch about it?  ;-)

Glad I'm not there.

Scott Meyers
They did a GOOD job on the 240SX  :-)