Boosted Drag Car, Kansas City

To: autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Boosted Drag Car, Kansas City
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:08:00 EDT
After todays event myself, Ron and Sonya VerMulm,Liz Berger,Scott Peterson
and the Mclaughlins went to Applebee's at 63rd and Blue Ridge for chow. We
ate and as usual "Raised Hell" in the place(Well my car class has at least
the C in it). Anyway when  we came outside our tow vehicles had a flyer on
the windshields. It was a flyer posting a $5000.00 Reward for information
leading to the recovery of a stolen 1957 Chevy drag car. It was stolen from
Funhouse Pizza on 350 highway between 11:00-12:00, LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They got the trailer, truck and racecar!!! Is this
starting to sound just a little bit familiar?????????????  I think it does!
For those of you who didn't read my post a few weeks back, I narrowly avoided
having my truck trailer and racecar "Jacked" less than ten miles away for
this spot!!!

This wasn't just any 1957 Chevy "DragCar" it was one of those Super Gas cars
or
something. I'm not up on the drag race scene but one look at the photo and I
know it is "Big Bucks"

Heres my suggestion for those heading to the Nationals from east to west
along I-70.
When you go through Kansas City be very cautious. I have heard of several
incidents
like this in recent weeks, not to mention my own experience. Watch your step!
This happened last night in what most of the locals would call a very safe
area of town.

I don't want anyone to get paranoid about the trip to Kansas. Just be aware
of things.

Mike TLS#1