Re: Reduced class structure

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reduced class structure
From: PZahornask@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:15:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/99 12:00:56 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ka1ult@channel1.com writes:

> OK, so I've checked out some results as Alan suggested.  The evidence before
>  me absolutely supports what he's saying.  I looked at the 1999 event
results
>  in the New England Region (www.ner.org).  Consistently, the top driver in
HS
>  (usually Cliff Strout in a '97 VW Golf) beats the top driver in ES.  Often,
>  the second place HS driver also beats #1 in ES.  The rest of HS is
>  competitive with the rest of ES.  I won't post the actual stats here,
>  because they're already on the NER site for all to see.  I find myself
>  having second thoughts about what I said earlier about keeping ES and HS
>  seperate.  I see no injustice in leaving them as they are, but given the
>  stats I looked at for New England such a merger may not be as unfair as I
>  thought.  Though I still stand by the differences in cars I compared
>  earlier, the numbers show that they don't seem to be as much of a factor as
>  I thought.  In the hands of the right driver, a VW Golf in HS can
>  consistently beat Integras, Neons, and *gasp!* a Saturn SC2 in ES.

Justin, you need to check out  National Level results instead of local
results.  While Cliff Strout is a good driver (I should know, I was his
whipping boy all year), he is not (by far and by his own admission)  the top
HS driver in the country.  Also, ES in New England is not the strongest ES
class that we have had.

FWIW, I think moving the Celica's to ES and moving the slower ES cars to HS
is a good move.

Paul Zahornasky