Widening Wheels?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Widening Wheels?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:33:36 -0400
Hi all,
       I know that this thread went around a year or two ago, and
I thought that I had saved the information, but I guess I didn't.
So, sorry for the repeat.  Anyway, do any of you know of sources
for getting steel wheels widened?  This could either be by splitting
the outer rim and welding a spacer in, or better yet, by welding the
wheel center into a new rim?  This is for an MGA Twin Cam which uses
rare, pin drive wheels so buying aftermarket wheels is not a
possibility.

Thanks very much,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+