Re: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:35:43 -0700
Part of what may be missing by some, is that equating a small amount of
overbearing or heavyhandedness as "Nazi" ends up diluting the term and
making less of the atrocity.

IMHO, if any group is offended by any term, then courtesy would indicate
that one should try not to use that term in any venue that might offend
that person. It doesn't matter if you understand or agree with it. That
is my 2 cents.

Randy Chase (who is often offended by a commonly used racial term, but
understands that most people don't know they are being offensive, so
it's my issue, not theirs..if that makes sense). Now, can we get back to
trashing Sipe?

Oh, while I am on the original thread. Let me add that I have developed
a whole lot of respect for both Mark Sipe and Howard. They both can be
frank, but that is not a bad thing. No panty-waisted shuffling around
with these guys. My hats off to the man in the arena who takes a chance.
I hope I did not offend any one who is panty-waisted.

Randy