RE: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: AlanP@identicard.com
Subject: RE: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:54:24 CDT
> Gee whiz.

> Were I a Jewish safety steward I would be very offended by being called a
> Nazi.

No matter who you are, you SHOULD be offended by being called a Nazi.
If it ever happens, thats your clue to do a reality check pronto to see if
you deserve it.

Its not a nice thing to be called.  Thats the whole point.  The perfect
person is (probably) not among us.  99% of the time its just hyperbole.
You're supposed to laugh at it.  Woe is the 1% who's so up tight that they
can't laugh and change for the better.

Now, I'm offended that anyone would imply I'd be less offended than them,
or that I should be humorless to the point of not enjoying hyperbole.
Ha ha ha ha ha, don't worry, I know your heart's in the right place.  ;^)
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS