Re: STU....Long ramblings

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STU....Long ramblings
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>
wrote:
<SNIP>
> Also, people keep coming back and saying that you
> can't put down the power
> with DOT tires.  I have to disagree.  How much power
> do you think Ren
> Marinus has in his RX7 that just won Nationals
> (again) well over 300bhp.  Or
> what about Daniel Popp in his 72 Vette, forget the
> power there think Torque
> 450lb'ft minimum

I should clarify what I meant when I said the power
wouldn't make it to the pavement.  In a rear drive
car, I see no problem...However, in a front drive
rabbit or similar type car, I see a problem trying to
lay down over 250 hp to the pavement without making a
smoke screen of John Force proportions.

Buddy.

P.S. - I heard the best line the other day at a local
event in TN.  A guy told me, "I'm gonna build a rabbit
truck and inject it with enough nitrous to launch the
Space Shuttle."  I had to laugh.