MR2 back together, and thanks to list

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MR2 back together, and thanks to list
From: Jonathan Roberts <jorober5@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:01:45 -0400
Just over a month ago, I wrote to the list to ask for advice on an
"incident" that happened to my car at an autocross.  In short, my co-driver
ended up hitting a curb pretty good, basically destroying the entire
drivers side suspension, front and rear.

I had asked about turning it in to insurance, and I appreciate all the
advice that was given to me.  In the end, I (we) decided not to turn it in,
but to pay out of pocket.

I would like to publicly thank David Hawkins for all the help he gave me
finding used parts.  Without him, I think we would have had to turn it in.
Even through Toyota Motor Sports, I don't think I could have afforded new
parts, and used MKII parts are tough to come here in Blacksburg, VA.

At any rate, the car is back together now, and seems to be working well!  I
drove it for the second time this weekend at the NOPI nationals, and
everything appeared to be in order.  I still have some tuning to do, but I
think it will be as good as new with a bit more time and a few changes.  I
hope to see you all at Nationals next year, as the mishap kept me away this
year.

Once again, thanks for all the help/advice given to me, and I wanted to let
everyone know the outcome of the story.

Thanks,
Jonathan Roberts
'91 MR2