Re: Anodizing

To: "William Schenker" <schenker@mediaone.net>, <miata@realbig.com>,
Subject: Re: Anodizing
From: Jim Wilson <jdwilson@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:03:21 -0400
Dont know about the LA area but it is pretty easy to get something anodized
out here outside of Boston. I used to work in a small metal working shop
and we used to get parts anodized all of the time. The problem you would
have going to a place on your own is I believe they usually charge a lot
fee and then they charge by the piece and there is a minimum. What you
could do if it is feasible is find a friendly metal working shop that does
some aluminum and see if you could piggyback your piece into their order to
get it done. They could charge you what ever the piece cost and it might
save you some money. Or you might get lucky and find a plating shop that
would do it without the major cost. Black anodizing is the most common
color so it should not be too hard to find a plating shop that will do it.
If your piece was in with another lot I would think it wouldnt cost more
than $20.00 at the top end to get it anodized.

Jim Wilson