Re: Numbers at Nationals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Numbers at Nationals
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:56:05 -0400

and other folks had plenty to say and someone else said:
> Mark...get over it.  very few are really a problem. There
> ought to be better things to worry about.

I was in the timing truck when some of these cars came to the line, and I
have to agree with Mark.  Chrome numbers on a charcoal car, while stylish
and super attractive up close, are unreadable as soon as you aren't lined
up just right and really close.  The white-outlined-in-red numbers on a
white car were unreadable before the car made it around the Great Walls
of Topeka turn.

Yes, there ARE other things to protest and be unhappy about, but why
willingly (and now knowingly, which I think may have been an important
point of Mark's post) contribute to headaches?  Unless, of course, you
don't mind courseworkers just guessing what the number was of that car
that just knocked down that cone.  (Darn, knew I should've used the dark
gray numbers on the south course...)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
Black car, big fat white numbers
(except for that brief foray into yellow MR2 land with black racer tape
numbers)

While I'm on that topic, a public thank you to ALL the folks in CS and
CSL who offered me their cars when the shifter cable in our MR2 broke on
Eric's first run on the North course (he ran the entire course in second
gear--ouch).  A special thank you to Brian Priebe and to Mike Eckert
whose car I actually drove, but many, many thanks to all the other MR2
drivers and to the 924S drivers who offered their rides--I'd name them
all, but who wants to read the entire CS and CSL class lists? ( :  What a
great class!