Re: ST tire opinions

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: ST tire opinions
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:43:38 -0500
Loren Williams wrote:

> When you're talking about D Stock, where everyone has the same car, same
> setup, same tires, perhaps different paint schemes <grin>... there is no
> doubt about which factor in the equation was responsible for a win.
> When you're talking about ST where the Honda that chooses to run 13"
> wheels has no tire options anywhere near as good as other cars on
> 16's... you just can't say that.  (Where would Ron have placed if the
> top two cars had been on Yok's?  It's impossible to guess.)

That's probably the biggest point I missed in your post.  The size
availability question is one I hadn't considered all the way through.
It would be a shame to see such diversity in car makes and models become
pared down due to something like tire size availability.  I don't have
any answers or real insight on this deal, it's kind of out of my area
since I'm into battling aliens.  Thanks for the clarification.

Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese
95 DS Neon
Moooooooooo.