Re: Car numbers at Nationals

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car numbers at Nationals
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:42:36 -0400

>    http://www.nettally.com/kcarr/0301-2.jpg
>
> [Unretouched "Snappy" grab of Hi-8 video shot from about 250-300' away.]
>
> You might also notice the light rectangle on the rear quarter, which
> is where the white class letters are on a piece of body-color-matching
> blue magnetic.  Because of the reflectivity/luminosity issues Rocky
> mentioned, you can see that there is no contrast there.  You can tell
> that there must be very tiny black letters on the Solo Events sticker
> behind the front wheel, but not the much larger class letters.  Further,
> if that dark blue magnetic was covering a white number on the side of
> the car, in this particular lighting it would be almost as bright as
> white and easily confused with the other car in the same class.

This is truely an amazing demontration of the illegibility of certain
things under certain conditions.  That class designation is GONE yet
I'll bet it is very, very clear 99% of the time.

Meatballs?  I love them.  But how do you use multiple numbers?  I
almost always run 54, but if it is taken, what do I do?

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki