Re: Car numbers at Nationals

To: David Hawkins <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Subject: Re: Car numbers at Nationals
From: Alan Pozner <apozner@epix.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:00:08 -0400
As one of the idiots who doesn't have a clue and bought Red numbers to go with
my black car let me say that it was an innocent mistake. Its my first year in
Auto-X and I honestly thought that red and black contrasted. Innocent though it
was it was still a mistake. I will correct it for next year by getting a yellow
car to go with my red numbers :-)

Seriously - while poor color combos may be frowned at a large events they are
much better than what many competitors have at regional events: an index card
and a sharpie or shoe polish on their window. Just try to read the numbers for a
two driver Corvette when they are written in white shoe polish on the curved
rear window. Then Mark et al would really have a complaint :-)

I have been to many regional events where they thought my numbers were great.
But after working timing and scoring I realize that having VERY visible numbers
is VERY important.

Regards,
Alan