Re: Car numbers at Nationals

To: "Paul Czarnecki" <oblique@alum.mit.edu>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car numbers at Nationals
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:10:25 -0500
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>

>Meatballs?  I love them.  But how do you use multiple numbers?  I
>almost always run 54, but if it is taken, what do I do?

My favorite is white rectangles, each with a single black digit.  They can
be lined up on the car in any combination and very quickly changed.  Extra
digits can be parked on the roof or trunk lid so the workers don't notice
them.

See http://www.visi.com/mac/images/m498/62m498.jpg for my buddy Phil Vanner
spinning in his Spridget.  Even though the resolution of this photo is not
that good, you can clearly see two things:  There is a pylon still in the
air.  My numbers, which he was borrowing, are unmistakable.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/