Re: My feeling on STU

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My feeling on STU
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:31:06 -0700
Hi DG
I agree with taking a look at the 2 seaters.

If car size is a concern maybe we could consider engine cylinder number as
the filter factor, regardless of front/rear wheel drive + all the other
filters.

This could help in creating a "minimal" # of classes, for example:
ST1-8cyl, 6cyl turbos, ST2 6cyl, 4 cyl turbos, 4 cyl rotaries, ST3-all others.

Now 2/4/etc door, front/rear wheel drive, weight, mfg. year, etc. are
reduced as the class determining factors.

As I've said in previous posts, we've been running this grouping (cylinder
#) in our ST like classes of Improved Street 1-2-3. We've also kept down
modifications to focus on handling/suspension, leaving engine mods to those
wanting to go into street prepared.

For the sake of briefness I won't go into specific allowed mods yet. That
can come at a later time.

Hope this is of help.

Also, I've heard other regions are running something similiar to our IS
classes but not quite as close as the ST classes yet.

Well, this should be an interesting thread.

Judy   in San Diego    (IS2-1st gen.RX7)    {:>}