Re: Open exhaust in Solo 2?

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Open exhaust in Solo 2?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:14:40 -0500
>OK , That sounds easy enough! "Put a muffler on the damn thing". What if
you
>drive
>a Sports Racer or a Formula car? Theres no where to put it. Also its not
>required by
>the GCR that governs these cars.
>
>Now what?
>
>Mike B. TLS#1

1. If you have an exhaust pipe, you have somewhere to put it. On the end of
the pipe.

2. GCR requires you to be 103 db, but that assumes a racing environment.
That rule does not apply to Solo II. However, since your car was built to
compete in a racing environment, and therefore to be legal in that
environment (whether by using a muffler or some other means) you likely have
no problem in a Solo II environment.

3. But just as the GCR noise rule does not impact Solo II, neither does your
car being GCR legal exempt it should it be shown as a noise problem at a
Solo II event. Noise abatement is not a car spec. It falls under conduct of
the event. However, I really don't think your S2000 March has a problem in
that regard.

--Rocky