Nationals

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nationals
From: "Dan Gamble" <dga@ionet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:13:12 -0500
Hi all..

Sorry it took so long for a report.  We had a ball.  The weather couldn't
have been better for us.  The evening we arrived (Tues) it rained and messed
up their racing but when we started racing on thursday and fri it was great.
I did as well as I had hoped, I was 16th out of 27.  First time ever in that
caliber of competition I was happy.  Shelly had a little tougher time, she
was 8 out of 8.  In all fairness, her class was full of National level
drivers and she had me messing with her tires the first day.  After I got
the pressure righ she was ok but the damage was done.  A guy from Ohio
rolled a beautiful 87 Scirocco in my heat on Friday.  He was fine but the
car was totalled.  Real shame.

I don't know if I told you but about 3 weeks ago Shelly was diagnosed with
Hypoadrenia.  Malfunctioning adrenal glands.  She had been feeling tired and
sore muscles, feeling like she was coming down with something.  She has been
seeing a Dr. and she is much better.  Treatment consists of diet and
massages.
The illness was something else she had to content with at Nationals.  We're
already talking about next year.