Noise?

To: "'Autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Noise?
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:51:41 -0500
Back in the late 60's, early 70's while on the National Enduro circuit the 2
stroke hoard came in (I jumped from BSA to Suzuki, a free ride is free; well
sort of ;-).  All the thumper riders instantly complained about the "noise"
of those damn rice burners and their expansion chambers.  The National
Forest service put in noise abatement regulations.  Guess what, the thumpers
FAILED and the ear splitting noise makers from hell PASSED.  Along came
SuperTrapp and everyone became 'happy'.  The folks with 'quite' cars should
be careful what the ask for, it may not have the desired results.  Solid
lifters and a tailpipe that makes ocasional contact with the body,etc. could
push you over the edge, even if YOU can't hear them.

Subjective is the only real method of measurement when you are dealing with
a subjective problem, and I hate that too.  Especially since I am building
an AP RX-7.

James Rogerson
Houston Region

"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and are unable to have meaningful
relationships with women" - Joseph Heller

TLS #18; Old Fartz #86  [Too many cars to list]