Did you see my key?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Did you see my key?
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:23:27 -0400
On Friday, on the North course, our car broke.  Eric parked it in grid,
and for reasons unknown to me, took the key (which happened to be MY key
AND the only one we have that unlocks the trunk--all the rest are "valet"
keys--like a valet couldn't just unlock the door and pull the trunk
release lever...but wait, I'm getting off the subject).

Anyway, when he was pulling the gearshift apart, he took my key out of
the ignition and put it on the dash.  Then he took HIS key and put it in
the ignition and took his run.  He came back to grid and told me that
there was a bad rattle during the first part of his run, and that he
wasn't sure what it was, but it went away partway through.  I looked at
his big ole janitor size key ring sticking out of the ignition and said,
"Where's my key?"  He said, "Oh, I bet that was the noise."

Tonight, when I came home with a trunk full of groceries and he had to
wait a minute for me to pop the trunk release, it was suddenly MY FAULT
that the key was lost in Topeka.  So if you
1) worked or walked the North course Friday and picked up my key, bless
you--please send that little thing back to me
or
2) know how I can get a new one (we bought the car used, so don't have
the factory key codes)
please let me know.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA