Re: AP- another thought

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AP- another thought
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:49:23 +0100
> car is tops, Maybe $2000.00-$3000.00 is another groups tops. In STOCK
> classes we have people spending an easy $50,000-$75,000-so where do you
> draw the line????-You can't

I don't see why there can't be a line drawn. We have hundreds of pages
of rules to follow. Lots of lines there already. I don't see why there can't
be another line added. As to whether that line is a specific amount of
money or more subtle by just declaring certain kinds of cars out of range
doesn't seem that hard to do.

There are all sorts of rules in the book about car classes and
modifications that are based on cost considerations.

OTOH, if they want to specifically create a class designed to cost a lot,
then that's fine. There will almost no competitors, but it could be fun to
watch the few. At least the people in that class would know they are
expected to spend that kind of money and not get surprised at nationals

Of course, it still takes a good driver to trophy at nationals, no matter what
the car class rules are - but that is an entirely different subject that I
didn't try to raise when I first brought up the cost issue. Let's keep cost
and driver skill as totally separate issues.
Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net