Re: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:49:23 +0100
> I thought it was kind of cool having an RSR there. FWIW, I think the
> original Cobra 427 had more
> dollar value than the RSR. At auction I think they can bring in over
> $500k.

I forgot about the Cobra 427. Yes, 500K... or more depending on the
mileage, if it was a Cobra that Shelby's race team raced, etc. Being a
member of the Shelby club I think it's cool to see one at an event (been
trying to lure a few members out all year). But I think it shouldn't be
allowed at a National event.

Unless the SCCA decides they want to have a class just for really
expensive cars. But it seems that the current rules say they shouldn't be
there, but then contradict themselves by allowing *any* GT car in.

Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net