RE: Riding with Others? (was: new debate question, 1K in 2K?)

To: "'Randy Chase'" <randyc2@home.com>, Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: RE: Riding with Others? (was: new debate question, 1K in 2K?)
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:01:46 -0500

I think that there needs to be no riding with others in your normal
event during your real runs. If you have an X class, it is not an issue.
Allowing extra runs at the end of the day will also afford you this
time. If you can buy an extra group of runs AFTER your regular runs will
[Phil Osborne]
This is fine when time permits...

> Just brainstorming.  My goal at regional events is to get faster, not
> to win trophies,

Admirable. I need to keep reminding myself that this should be my goal,
alomg with helping others.

Randy Chase (who has already lined up more MR2 newbies to work with
tomorrow)

[Phil Osborne]
I concurr, however there are those who chase season points all year long,
thus the reason we allow a rookie or novice to ride with seasoned drivers
anytime, but the seasoned driver may ride with novices only after his
competition runs have been completed.  I see merit in most of Brian's
suggestions and certainly appreciate the input. In fact, I have invited him
to our Solo Board meetings to discuss same...

Phil O.