Re: Riding with Others? (was: new debate question, 1K in 2K?)

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Riding with Others? (was: new debate question, 1K in 2K?)
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:58:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> I'd love to sign up twice, once in CSP and once in EM, especially if EM
> ran a couple heats after CSP.  Somehow I doubt that would be allowed.

It's not unheard of.  I don't know what the current practice is now, but
10 years ago Tennessee Region events (which were 30-50 cars at the time)
allowed drivers to sign up for two classes.  I believe all the times
counted, too -- drivers ran their "slow" class first, then the fast class,
on the rationale that a car running a preparation category above its
actual state of tune would be at a disadvantage.

Here in DC, if there's room in the grid (some of those 150 people who
pre-register don't show up), you can sign up after your points runs and do
a set of fun runs for time only.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing