Re: Two half days >= one whole day (speaking of participationlevels)

To: Rick Brown <Free2000@quixnet.net>
Subject: Re: Two half days >= one whole day (speaking of participationlevels)
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:52:29 -0700
Rick Brown wrote:

> CalClub does it this way too. (actually just about everything Randy says
> about SD Region is done the same in CalClub, except they have a better lot)
> We even have people who run for points in both regions who will run one
> place in the morning and the other in the afternoon (about 90 miles apart).
> CalClub also allows people to take early or late runs (out of group) with
> the eventmasters permission and with the understanding that if the course
> conditions change you could be converted to X runs.

        Interesting that alot of these other regions "X" classes are non-trophy
classes. Or at least that's how they sound. Our "X" class is actually
one of the most competitive. They all run as one group, separate from
the open classes, and compete for year end trophies. Their times are all
indexed, and the fastest index time of the day (usually in X class) sets
the mark for the rest of the competitors. Fastest index time gets 1000
points, and the rest of the competitors for that day are given points
accordingly. Our "X" class is usually comprised of any one who has
trophied at nationals in the last couple years or anyone who wants to
base their driving against more than just the local class, which can
sometimes be pretty sparse. Running out of turn for the "X" group here
is generally not allowed.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/