Re: Two half days >= one whole day (speaking of participationlevels)

To: <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Two half days >= one whole day (speaking of participationlevels)
From: "Rick Brown" <Free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:15:39 -0700

>> Our "X" class is actually (in the computer or on a run card) TO for Time
>> Only, and is just what the name implies. The "X" comes from the fact that
we
>> ask people to put an "X" on their car for these runs since many are
people
>> who have already taken their regular class runs and we don't want to
confuse
>> T&S more than they normally are.  Same entry fee, just doesn't count for
>> points or trophy and can run anytime during the day they wish (except we
>> limit the number of "X" entries in a particular group to prevent a
>> "rungroupfromhell").  Some are people who just want more runs and don't
want
>> to wait for/if fun runs at the end of the day.  Near Nationals, many of
>> those going enter their regular class and 1 or more "X" entries.  I think
>> I've one person do as many as 4 "X" entries.
>
> If they enter 4 times, does that mean they work 4 times too? I think in
>a region with large attendance numbers, that might fly. But we generally
>have a shortage of workers as it is. And we generally don't have enough
>entrants to field any more than 4 heats.

In the past, no, but so many were doing it now they have to work 2 groups
(most take regular runs and 1 "X" set in the same group and if more "X", in
another group). And we allow "substitute" workers, i.e. a spouse, child (we
have some jobs young people can do) friend or just a spectator who wants to
see things up close :-)).  We rarely have a worker shortage and usually 6
groups - 150-200 entries.

Rick Brown