Re: Rain at Nats, solutions?

To: ahollis@origin.ea.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rain at Nats, solutions?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:52:33 EDT
Andy Hollis writes:

> A couple of solutions to consider:
>
>  1) Hold Nationals earlier (didn't we used to run the week prior?).  The
>  later into September you go, the more likely is the rain.  Anyone have rain
>  charts for Kansas?

I seem to remember hearing that August is statistically rainier than
September.  Not sure about stats on particular weeks .  Rocky?

>  2) Hold Nats somewhere else (yes, I know there's all kinds of other issues
>  with this) where it is drier in September (Texas?)
>
>  Thoughts?  (this ought to chew up a week's worth of bandwidth  =8-D

What Texas sites are big enough?  Where are they?  It looks like Dallas isn't
any farther for us SFR people than Topeka, though the webfoot people from the
Northwest would have to go farther...

CHD