Re: Rain at Nats, solutions?

To: <HAVOCDEAN@aol.com>, <ahollis@origin.ea.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rain at Nats, solutions?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:08:55 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Sapp

How shallow is that victory with you win ONLY because you got the dry or
driest runs?

In my class, DP, it dried for the last half of my class on the last run. For
a while there it looked like low number wins since we started dry and was
wet by halfway through (and I coned my one dry run which was still faster
than I could do in the wet. It cost me 6 places. Boo hoo.)

Anyway, I watched Steve Bollinger (high number) go out for his last run
after two sloppy excursions in the wet. He had no clue what a dry run felt
like, but another competitor told him the line was dry, so he went for it.
MAN! that was a run for the ages. He put the car right where it needed to
be, took the risks, and put a full second on the rest of the class.

Next day, BTW, in the dry, he extended that lead by another .8 sec. Nothing
hollow about that championship! It was an awesome example of in-the-clutch
driving and I salute him.

--Rocky