Re: Rain at Nats, solutions? :-)

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Rain at Nats, solutions? :-)
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:01:09 -0700
Colorado for nationals? The last time I ran our 7 at high altitude (anything
over
2000 ft, this was a 6000 ft; isn't Colorado Springs somewhere around 5000 ft?),
ran it on the lowest octane available to compensate for the lack of oxygen in
the
air. Those who ran on high octane had a lot of trouble with carburetion
(carburetion is a lost concept among the newer cars, but it still exists in
older
ones).
    I question whether a relatively high altitude site would be appropriate,
unless you're fom Colorado, Wyoming, etc.
--Pat Kelly