Weather Dude speaks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Weather Dude speaks
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:52:58 EDT
Hey gang,

There are basically no locations East of the High Plains that could offer a
significantly better likelihood of warm, dry (Read: Ideal) weather.
Statistically your best chances of staying dry are in the SW deserts and the
inter-mountain West. But some of those Basin areas can get pretty chilly in
the AM.
   By mid-Sept there is always a chance of an early season front pushing into
the West coast or the possibility of tropical moisture from the Pacific into
the SoCal area.  But these areas are no where near "centrally located".
Texas, at least anyplace in Texas remotely central, are always under threat
of tropical storms or, at least the residual moisture, and will be hot and
humid.  (remember many parts of Texas have been suffering a drought this
summer).
  What I guess I'm trying to say is;  there really is no place that offers
any better odds of a successful event this time of year.
   Incidentally,  If weather forecasters could do anything about the weather,
do you think it would have rained during my morning Pro runs only?  Or been
so chilly (6 years in Antarctica,  it was only chilly!!) on Thurs-Fri AM's??
<grin>  I guess the best solution is not to stay at home when it looks like
rain on your event.
     Oh, BTW, I can get more wx stats than anyone wants to see...
Alan Stratton
GSX 40