Ford Focus R?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Ford Focus R?
From: ConeChasr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:39:03 EDT
Hey all,

Just thought I'd start another thread to speculate about other than weather
conditions or surfaces...

Has anyone seen the Ford Focus R that is in one of the main car magazines
this month?  I know that's not the trim it'll come to the market in but it
looks to be a Type R killer (if the AWDs aren't enough).  225 hp, 245 lb-ft
torque, very low redline (6200 rpm), weighing in at 2700# WITH a Quaiffe lsd!
 IF this comes to the market this way and it's in GS, I'll eat my words of
not driving an American car...

Does anyone have any verification that this car is coming out in something
close to this form?  Your thoughts?

Daniel "AWD is good, but not THAT good..." Ledford
99 Mitsu Eclipse GSX (for now...)