Re: Ford Focus R?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Focus R?
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
I can't say... that is, I don't know if it will come
in this form, but I have to agree with you that I'd
reconsider my position on American cars if it does...
I had an opportunity to drive the regular Focus
(actually about eight different ones in various trim
levels) about a month and a half ago, before any of
the dealerships got any of them...(feel free to ask
how...)
I found them to be excellent cars for that price
range.  The only thing it needed in my opinion was
more power (even the Zetec cars were dogs) and a
hatchback.  The suspension on these cars is incredible
(again, for that class).  Well packaged, well thought
out, and an overall very good car.  Much better than
it's competition.  (I've driven almost all of them,
and was most impressed with the Focus).
The only thing that I really didn't like about the car
was that the shifter was a bit notchy.  This could
have been because the car was a pre-production car,
and it only had 150 miles on it. (when I gave it back,
it had almost twice that.)
Forget about the automatic...it just plain sucked... I
liked the cars regardless, Just please slip in the
turbo and the lsd, and the car will be great...i heard
that the Focus R is supposed to be closer to 21-23
thousand rather than the 20 that the magazine says...

<SNIP>